If you like that glass of red wine on a Friday night to kickstart your weekend off, you might have heard about a superhero ingredient found in the skin of grapes: resveratrol.
Studies have proven this potent antioxidant has many health benefits as well as anti-ageing benefits for your skin.
Resveratrol Quick Facts
- Fights ageing, protects the skin and improves overall appearance
- Reverses sun damage
- Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory – so good for acne
What is Resveratrol
Resveratrol is a naturally occurring antioxidant found in the skin of grapes, peanuts, all berries and dark chocolate.
It comes in a powder, pill or liquid form and skincare products.
Resveratrol is part of a group of compounds called polyphenols. These polyphenols act as key antioxidants, which serve on the front line as the ‘generals’ gathering troops to protect the cells against damage that leads to cellular ageing.
Resveratrol Skin Benefits
- When applied topically, Resveratrol helps to protect the skin’s surface.
- Resveratrol is able to protect the skin from environmental factors as well as protecting the skin from UV damage.
* The skin is the largest organ in the body and it functions as your body’s first line of defence against harmful microorganisms. Using products containing Resveratrol will boost your skin’s natural barriers so that your skin looks and feels smoother and healthier.
- Slows ageing. Resveratrol works on a cellular level in order to fight the process of ageing by stimulating healthy cell proliferation.
- Fights free radicals, improves skin cell function
- Looks after fibroblasts to create healthy collagen.
- Resveratrol helps minimise redness and inflammation
- Brightens and evens out skin tone
- Improves texture of your skin
How to Use It
Apply your Resveratrol skin product as part of your nighttime skin routine.
During sleep time, your skin is working away to repair and rejuvenate your skin cells and this is a great time to maximise the use of your Resveratrol skin product..
Double cleanse your skin, then apply it onto clean skin. If you are using Resveratrol in a moisturiser, then you can apply it after cleansing, twice daily, am and pm.
JL Loves Miracle DNA Complex